The Lebanese Domain Registry (LBDR) is the “.lb” Country Coder Top Level Domain “.lb ccTLD” registry. The LBDR is a closed country testing registry, so to be entitled to apply for a domain name under com.lb, org.lb, edu.lb, gov.lb and net.lb the registrant should be an officially registered and recognized entity in Lebanon and should own the rights to the trademark of the specific domain name in Latin script under class 35. The services of the LBDR are free of charge.
The LBDR registry does not provide hosting services, being name servers, mail servers, web servers or any other hosting services. The LBDR registers the domain under the ".lb" zone files and points it to the name servers provided by the registrant.
The registrant can apply directly or delegate the registration process and maintenance of the domain name to a third party.
The LBDR services are provided online and over email only. The LBDR does not provide phone support. The LBDR is managed and operated by volunteers. For detailed information on the registration requirements and process please start by downloading the relevant guides, forms and/or templates and if further information/clarifications are needed please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer - The LBDR reserves the rights to modify the
registration policies and procedures at any point in time. The LBDR will inform
the registrants of the change of the terms and conditions by email. The new terms and conditions are accepted by
the registrant if the registrant does not object within 15 days. Should the registrant
object, the LBDR may terminate the domain registration after 30 days or at the domain
Download detailed step-by-step registration guides for a:
- Commercial entity applying for a new com.lb domain
- Government entity applying for a new gov.lb domain
- Educational institution applying for a new edu.lb domain
- Organization applying for a new org.lb domain
- ISP applying for a new net.lb domain
Download detailed step-by-step instruction guides to:
- Update a domain record - Change name servers
- Change the delegation of a domain - Change admin-c/tech-c
- Reactivate an expired domain
Download Lebanese Domain Name Application Forms:
- LBDR-A Domain Request Form
- LBDR-B Domain Application Form
- LBDR-C Contact Person Form
- LBDR-E Domain Delegation Form
Sample Registration (for demo purposes only):
- Lebanese Sample Trademark Certificate
- Authorization of Agent
Lebanese Domain Name Policies, Procedures & Statistics:
- LBDR Frequently Asked Questions
- LBDR Compliance with ccTLD Best Practices
- LBDR Registration Policies (19990922)
- LB Domain Transfer
- LB Domain Dispute Resolution
- Privacy Pact and No Warranty Disclaimer
- LBDR Latest Statistics
Check for .lb Availability and Status
Enter the name of the domain and press the Search button. The
search string must be the exact domain name excluding any root part
(i.e. aub and not aub.edu.lb). The search engine will look for matches
in all .lb root domains. Remember that the only characters allowed are
[ a-z, A-Z, 0-9, - ], any other character would be ignored.
The Lebanese Domain Registry is governed by a bottom-up not-for-profit
public private partnership - LINC.
The .lb ccTLD was was originally allocated by Jon Postel, operator of Internet
Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA), to Nabil Bukhalid of the American University
of Beirut (AUB) in 1993... More